The Smart Home system gives the possibility of the free house control from every place in the world. Being at work, or in the delegation, we can without any problem control the status of our investment and manage its functions in a way.
To make the remote access to Grenton system possible, it should fulfil the following requirements:
- Grenton system must be fully configured,
- Created interfaces of the mobile application must be sent to mobile devices, from which the remote access is to be realized,
- The supplier of internet services must provide the access to constant, external IP address,
- Router/access point provides the possibility to redirect the ports.
The instruction was prepared for the system in which the central unit is connected to the router visible by the external, constant IP address.
Before attempting to the configuration of the remote control:
1. Make sure that the central unit is connected to the router of the local network and the address of the central unit was given from the address pool of this router.
2. Check the address of the central unit given by the router of the local network. To do this, double-click the central unit icon.
3. In a newly opened window read the information from the field marked below.
(Click to zoom in)
For the analysed case, the IP address of the central unit is:
This address will be used to perform port forwarding. Setting the port forwarding in a local network router.
Setting port forwarding in a local network router
Settings of the port forwarding for each router may differ! The general procedure of action is presented below.
1. Go to settings of a local network router. To do this, you must be connected to the local network, in which there is a central unit.
2. Open an internet browser and type in the address bar the IP of the local network router to enter its settings – the default address it usually at the bottom of the local network router
3. If required, log in using login data – the default login and password are usually, in the form of a sticker, at the bottom of the local network router. The default data can be also found in the dedicated internet tools, for example HERE.
If the typed IP address or login data are incorrect, this means that they have been changed by the network administrator. Contact the network administrator to access router settings.
4. In router settings, find the position "port forwarding" or similar.
5. Forward the external port 1234 to internal port 1234 of local central unit IP address with the use of UDP protocol. The exemplary configuration is presented below.
6. Save the router settings – in some cases, it may be required to restart the device.
Make sure the communication from the outside is not blocked by the internal router settings.
Configuration of Home Manager mobile application
1. Launch the mobile application Home Manager.
2. Make sure that the interface, with the use of which the remote control functionality is to be realized, was uploaded to the application.
3. Go to the main screen of the mobile application and enter the Settings by clicking on the icon on the left bottom corner of the screen.
4. In settings click: "remote control: Settings of the external IP address for CLU".
5. From the shown list of available interfaces choose the one for which the remote control is to be configured.
6. In the next window, there will be displayed the current network configuration of the system:
- The local address – local IP address of the central unit,
- The remote address – the external IP address of the network to which the central unit is connected with the port number which has been assigned to it.
If the given remote address differs from the actual external IP address, it should be changed by clicking in the address window.
7. In a newly opened window apply changes accordingly to the actual IP address of the device
8. Press OK to accept the changes.
Launching the remote access
Home Manager mobile application automatically switches from local to remote communication. To make remote access possible, the mobile device must exercise the following conditions:
- The remote access must be configured correctly,
- The device must be connected to internet network different than the local one (to which the system is connected) or it must have mobile network data (“telephone internet”) on.
In order to launch the remote configuration with the system, run the interface for which the remote control configuration was performed, by choosing it from the interface list:
If it was a default interface, press the button:
At first, the Home Manager application will be trying to connect through the local network. In the moment of detecting the inability to connect, it will switch to the remote communication.